Friday, August 15, 2008

Showing Our Support


I don't talk politics much, well, except with Pete (Republican), his mother (Republican), my mom (Democrat), Roxy (former Republican now a Democrat), and Dave (former Republican now a Democrat).  I have always been a Democrat although I have toyed with the idea of switching to the Green Party.  Anyway, Pete and I often have some very lively discussions about "W" and the state of the Union. He voted for Bush in 2000 and again in 2004. (Eeek!) I have had a disfavorable opinion of him (Bush) since 2001 (pre-Sept. 11) and have never had a favorable opinion -- ever. I don't like him, I don't trust him or his VP either. He has destroyed our educational system with No Child Left Behind and I wonder about our true reasons for Iraq and Afghanistan. Not to mention that I truly believe (since about November 2001) that there was something "fishy" with the September 11th attacks.  Enough said.

Well, it just so happens that Pete now is siding with my opinions of Bush as of late. Pete, very Republican, is going to be voting for Obama. (I don't have to tell you who I'm voting for, do I?) Shortly after that "revelation", I decided to make an online purchase, you know, to show our support in the coming months. It's not my first lawn sign (the other lawn sign was for a candidate that I supported in the primaries but didn't end up voting for in the general elections - I went Green Party in the end. Pete did too.) and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Here's hoping for a REAL change!

7 comments:

Bright A said...

You know something? God will do the work. He will chose the right person. We only need prayers for America. God has bless this country.
The blog is good.

Lady Blogger said...

Thank you. :)

Anna said...

I don't know of anyone who has any respect for Bush, and it gets worse and worse the more he talks. I don't know much about politics, but I know that much at least.

Lady Blogger said...

I cringe whenever he talks. It's bad. Who, if you don't mind me asking, do you have your eye on for the Nov. election?

ROXY said...

Go Obama!!

Hey did you happen to catch the footage of Bush at the Olympics....he was cheering in the stands and was holding the American flag.... UPSIDE DOWN!! Luckily his daughter corrected him! Leave it to Bush!

Lady Blogger said...

Really? I haven't seen/heard of the latest gaffe. What a moron. Even when you're looking from the back side of a flag, it's still up or down. The stars are supposed to be on the TOP.........

Anna said...

Probably Obama. I can't see myself voting Republican. I'm registered as unaffiliated, though.