Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cream Cheese Ball

I really didn't feel like making dinner tonight so, I made a snack for dinner. Pete was excited when I told him that we were going to have Miso soup (from a package) and my "famous" cream cheese ball for dinner. (I figure it was healthy enough. It was certainly filling as we polished off the entire box of Triscuits!)  I had been planning on making the ball sometime this week after purchasing the needed ingredients yesterday. I should have looked at the recipe before shopping as I thought it called for only one block of cream cheese, not two. Good thing I had an 8 oz. container of cream cheese in the fridge! Too bad for my bagels later this week though.

Cream Cheese Ball

  • 2  8 oz. packages cream cheese
  • 1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
  • 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped red or yellow onion
Blend all ingredients and form into a ball.  Serve with crackers of your choice.

I added a little bit of garnish to my ball and served it on a bamboo cheese board.
Pete enjoying his dinner.

6 comments:

ROXY said...

Yummy!! I may need to make one this week!!

Lady Blogger said...

It's really good but, boy oh boy, did I wake up with really bad breath this morning!! :)

Serena said...

That looks scrumptious. You are so creative with these recipes. I assume this is your own. I had never heard of it before.

I have those days where I don't feel like cooking dinner either. This sounds like a great substitute.

Does Pete cook?

Anna said...

You had me at cream cheese...I could eat that stuff right out of the container. Yum!

Lady Blogger said...

Thanks guys! It is an absolutely delicious recipe. Serena~ I wish I could say it was my own.... my principal gave each of us the recipe and a bamboo cheese board for Christmas. I've made it several times and it's always a hit! :)

Lady Blogger said...

No, Pete doesn't cook..... He can make mac & cheese and can pour the perfect pancake onto the frying pan (after I make the batter). He heats up frozen meals like a champ! :) (Pete, if you're reading this, you know I love you! There are many things I can't do like, for instance, change out brake pads and rotors in the garage!)