Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Homemade Chicken Pot Pie Recipe

I made this yesterday.  I absolutely LOVE pot pies! :) 

My Homemade Chicken Pot Pie

  • 1 lb. (or so) skinless chicken breast
  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 9" deep dish frozen pie crusts
  • 1 large bag frozen mixed veggies (size and/or combo. of veggies is your choice)
  • 1/2 cup half and half (reg. milk will work too)
  • 1 T. minced garlic
  • 1/3 t. salt
  • 1/3 t. pepper
  • 1 to 2 T. butter (melted)
  • 1/2 t. seasoned salt
  • 1/2 t. chives (fresh or freeze dried)


  1. Set out pie crusts. Leave one in pan; take the other out of the pan and set on a piece of waxed paper. Leave out at room temp. for 15 -20 minutes.
  2. Preheat oven to 375.
  3. Prepare / cook chicken. (I boil mine in a frying pan until done.)  Set aside.
  4. Thaw out frozen vegetables (in microwave): Add veggies to a bit of water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Mix. Return to microwave for another 2 minutes. Set aside when done.
  5. Whisk 1 egg in med. bowl. Add melted butter, salt, pepper, chives, and minced garlic. Stir. Add both cans of soup. Stir. Add half and half and seasoned salt. Stir. Set aside.
  6. Add warmed veggies to bottom of pie crust (the one still in the pan). Rip cooked chicken into bite sized pieces. Add to top of veggies. Pour soup mixture over chicken and veggies. Use fork or spoon to make sure the soup mixture makes it's way to the bottom of the pie.
  7. Take second crust and lay it over the top of the pie. Pinch together.
  8. Beat the second egg. Brush over the top crust.
  9. Put pie into oven. Bake for approx. 20 minutes or until crust is dark golden brown.
  10. Enjoy!

5 comments:

ROXY said...

Yummo!!! That sounds so good. Is it relatively easy?

Lady Blogger said...

Yes, it's quite easy. I've made about 6 of them so far. Pete's eating the leftovers right now. :)

Anna said...

Remind me to make sure I've at least eaten breakfast before reading one of your recipes! My stomach is growling now. I'll definitely try this one!

Lady Blogger said...

Sorry Anna! :) I think The Girl will like this one. It's really much easier than it looks.

Anna said...

She loves pot pies and she loves to help me cook, so I'm sure this will be a winner!