Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Classroom

One of the many reasons why I love being a teacher: setting up my classroom! School starts next Wednesday, August 27th. I've been in "prepping" for 5 days, both this week and last week, getting ready for the big day. I've had to arrange my desks (3 groups of 5 and 1 group of 6), laminate things, put up posters, organize cumulative files, put tennis balls on chair legs (all 128 of them!), make name plates (for desks and lockers), write names on folders, find out birthdays, move bookcases, organize my classroom library, put out paper, sharpen pencils, photocopy, the list goes on and on.




I absolutely love my classroom. It has a very workable space, both in functionality and in learning. I try to keep it neat and organized all year (with about 90% success) for my sanity as well as for a more conducive learning environment.

I am glad to say though, that I'm done! Today was my last day in my classroom until we (the teachers) have to go back Monday and Tuesday for professional development. My 4-day weekend is my last hurrah before work begins!

5 comments:

ROXY said...

Oh Seradee, It looks GREAT!!! I am really going to make a date to come into your classroom:)

Lady Blogger said...

Thanks!

Serena said...

this has to be the nicest i mean tidiest classroom I have ever seen. Does it stay that way?

Lady Blogger said...

For the most part, yes. I can't stand clutter!

Anna said...

Wow!! I think it looks great!!