Sunday, August 3, 2008

Afternoon Cleaning




After deciding it was too late to join my parents and brother at the Manchester, CT car show (Pete had been at work all morning), Pete and I began to wash out our two newly acquired 55 gallon drums.  Why do we have them? Well, unfortunately we're still heating our hot water with oil and Pete's work buddy has some home heating oil that he needs to get rid of (he recently converted to natural gas). After looking for quite some time, Pete found a guy in Bozrah, CT that claimed to have new drums for $40 apiece. After getting them, we quickly realized that they were far from new. Each of them had been previously used for holding printing ink. The ink in the blue drum was dry and peeled out rather easily. After that, Pete power washed it to get out the chunky stuff we missed and any leftover residue. The black drum was a different story. As Pete washed out the blue one, I pulled the black one off our truck. Unfortunately, the tan ink inside was still very liquid and it got on my legs, my shorts, the bed liner in the truck, and on our driveway. My shorts, needless to say, are now ruined. Oh well.

After Pete washed out the blue drum, he power washed my Tevas for me. Yes, they were that bad!!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Sorry about your ruined shorts. That does not sound like a fun way to spend an afternoon.

Lady Blogger said...

It's OK. Pete felt bad too. I can still wear them to do dirty work around the house.