Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All Set to Go

This is it -- my last few hours before the start of school. I have mixed emotions about the first day.  Summer is over, a schedule begins again, routines, wearing makeup and nice clothes, headaches, early mornings (5:00 a.m.), and long days. There are a lot of positives to look forward to though; routines, fall, smiling faces, challenges, camaraderie, success, and a feeling of accomplishment.

I am going to be greeted tomorrow by 22 smiling faces (well, maybe 21 smiling faces.  I've got one girl coming to me who never smiles. I hope to change that.) and an eagerness to learn.  The desks are set, the pencils are out, and I am ready. This year is a special year for me as it's my tenth year teaching.  Whoa! My very first class of first graders (1999-2000 school year) are entering their sophomore year in high school this year.  It's still hard for me to believe!

So, here's to a good year, here's to a productive year, and here's to a memorable year. I am...... READY!   :) 

7 comments:

ROXY said...

Good luck tomorrow!! Your students are so lucky to have you.....they couldn't get a better teacher:) I can't wait to hear how your day goes!!!

Talk to ya tomorrow:)

Lady Blogger said...

Thanks! It's going to be a good day! :)

Serena said...

good luck with all those new kids. and have fun!

Anna said...

I can't believe it's been 10 years already! Oh, how the time flies!

I hope your day is going well! Tell me all about it when you get a chance.

Lady Blogger said...

It was a decent day! All 22 of my students showed up. Many of them groaned and were disappointed when I told them it was the end of the day. That's a really good sign! I am very tired as it was a busy/hectic day and really, really hot in my classroom. Tomorrow I'm wearing capris! Overall though, it was a good day. I look at the first day as the ground-breaking day, one of which is now over -- the real work begins tomorrow! :)

Anna said...

Glad that you had a great day and that everyone was so eager to learn! They don't have AC in the school? I don't know about the school The Girl is at now, but they did at her last school.

Lady Blogger said...

I'm up to 23 students now..... When will it end? We do have A/C but the powers that be decided to leave it off to save money for winter heating. If only we could harness the heat in my classroom now and save it for later.......