Friday, August 1, 2008

Another Busy Day!

It feels good to finally sit down!  We started off this morning by going to the Transfer Station in town to dump off our garbage and recycling. (I am proud to say that we recycle more than we throw away!)  After that we drove the truck to Pete's mom's house to set up the pool.  After finding that it was still too muddy back there (I sank down about 3"), we poked around a bit in Phil's room and headed out to Lowe's. At Lowe's we picked up a pretty fancy motion sensing spotlight. We need to aim it on our woodpile so that if any shmucks try to steal our wood, the light will be trained on them. With fuel prices the way they are, we wouldn't put it past someone to park next door and load our wood up onto their truck (or trunk!). We've worked too hard to let that happen -- not to mention we don't want to use our furnace this winter! While at Lowe's I also picked out another cacti to add to my other two on my kitchen windowsill.  Once home, we had a quick bite to eat and then I was off to the grocery store. We needed a lot of stuff although I was expecting the bill to be much higher than it was. It still was $152! I did get some ground beef for hamburgers tonight (for Pete) and some chicken for myself (and some Jack Daniel's BBQ -- yummy!).  Tomorrow for dinner I'm going to grill some flounder.  When I got home, Pete was in the process of clearing a path in our back woods for the lawn mower. That's where our compost pile is and it was quite hard to access. Now it's all cleared out and raked. I gave Pete a hand once the cold groceries were put away. I had a blast picking out all of the worms and throwing them into my compost pile. I got about 20 or so really juicy ones! After that, Pete started to mow the lawn (where he is currently) and I did some trimming with the shears. Now I'm in sitting a bit before I put away the dry groceries and start making the hamburger patties.  So, that's my day in a nutshell!

3 comments:

ROXY said...

YUMMM! Dinner sounds like it was good! Jack Daniel is my favorite brand of BBQ also")

Lady Blogger said...

It was really tasty! I bought 8 small chicken tenders for myself. Pete spread the BBQ sauce on while they were on the grill. (Of course, I added more when I was eating them too!). I bought a pound of ground beef, added my "secret" spice mixture to it, and made 3 hamburger patties (they were quite big). Pete grilled one for himself and I froze the other two.

Anna said...

Now I'm really hungry and I still have half an hour until lunch!!!

Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy!