Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Bounty of Box Tops!



My afternoon was filled with those little pink and white Box Tops found on the backs of many of the food items you may eat.  I am the Box Tops coordinator for my school and didn't do too much with my collection of them over the school year. So, today was my day of cutting, bagging, and general organizing. I cut about 700 of those little buggers today. My poor hand is feeling it! Why cut them all? Well, General Mills requests that each one be cut around the dotted lines (yikes!) and that they be bagged in bunches of 50. Needless to say, I was surrounded by scraps, baggies, and lots and lots of Box Tops. It all paid off though as I will be submitting $1,136 worth of Box Tops to General Mills this coming October. Just think: each Box Top is only worth 10 cents! Yes, I had over 11,000 to deal with! 

4 comments:

ROXY said...

Oh Lady Blogger:( Your fingers must be so sore!! I take it you won't be crocheting tonight:(

Lady Blogger said...

Actually, I was able to crochet. The meat of my hand in between the base of my thumb and wrist is sore to the touch -- it's where the handle of the scissors was resting (or shall I say, pushing).

Anna said...

Wow! That's a lot of Box Tops! Thanks for letting me know the rules about cutting around the lines so I'll make sure I do that so the poor soul stuck with them at The Girl's school has a little less torture from now on!

Come to think of it, I had a whole baggie full that hubby lost, said he'd look for, and still hasn't found. I'm going to pester him tonight. LOL

Lady Blogger said...

No problem! :)