Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Lesson Learned

Here they are, my beloved Tevas.  Anyone that knows me well knows that I live in these babies all summer.
I also have, well, stinky feet. I can't help that they sweat and start to smell. You'd think that the antimicrobial rubber would help too. Umm, no. So, my Tevas always have a "smell." Yeah, I know--it's gross but I can't help it. 

So, the other day I decided to wash them. I added quite a bit of bleach to the water in my washing machine and threw them in. I then added all my whites, added more bleach into the little dispenser, and let the washer work it's magic. Once the machine was done, I threw everything (including my Tevas) into the dryer. Now, I never even thought about it. I wash sneakers and dry them in the dryer. What's the difference?

Well...... the heat from the dryer warped my Tevas. The toe part is now curling upward and the grooves on the foot part are all raised (you can see it in the picture I took of them above). I can't stand it. I thought that perhaps by walking in them it would mat things down a bit but, you guessed it, no such luck. 

Sunday afternoon Pete and I went to two local sporting good stores. One store doesn't carry Tevas anymore but carries another brand (which I tried on and didn't like at all). The other store (a big box sporting goods store which sucks) only had one type of Tevas for women in size 10 only. Great. So, thanks to the Internet, I was able to search for the exact style and color of the Tevas I wanted. (You can check out what I ended up buying by clicking HERE. I ordered the gingham black pair.) 

Lesson learned. And, of course, it was a lesson learned the hard way. Oh well. At least my new Tevas will be fresh and clean!   :)

5 comments:

ROXY said...

Oh no!!! I can't believe that neither one of the sporting goods had your Teva's I would never think you couldn't put them in the dryer. But I like the new ones you got....very cute:) And I like that website, that's neat that you can magnify in on the shoe.

Lady Blogger said...

Yeah, I thought so too! :) I think they're coming tomorrow. I'm anxious to try them on.

Serena said...

LOL You like your tevas like I love my merrill flip flops, which are on their last legs. Its tough when the favorite shoes must be replaced. I have some keene's now that aren't too bad...I got them from LLBean.

Anna said...

You just wanted an excuse to go shopping! LOL

I like the pair you picked out! I've never worn tevas before but I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Lady Blogger said...

I love them! The new pair took a little time to break in but they're all good now. :) I wore them to school today for "dress down Friday." Jeans and Tevas. Yeah, I'm cool! :)