Friday, September 5, 2008

Erika's Baby Blanket

My dear friend Erika (sister to my dearest friend Anna) is having a baby boy (Jackson Luke) at the end of September/beginning of October. I made this stroller blanket for her so that she can wrap up her new son on these chilly fall nights.

Erika's Baby Blanket was crocheted with 5 skeins of Lion Brand Baby Soft yarn. I used one skein of Pastel Blue, one of White, one of Lemon Drop, one of Bluebell, and one of Pistachio.

The hook I used was a "J." The stitch pattern was a double crochet in a wave pattern (6 dc, sk next 2 dc, 6 dc, 3dc in next st, repeat).

Next up on my things to crochet is, of course, to finish the iPhone case, and to start another baby item!  One of my teacher friends is due in December and I am going to make her a hooded blanket out of Lion Brand's Pound of Love (white) and trim in yellow.

5 comments:

ROXY said...

Oh WOW!!! That came together fast!! I love the color combo. I hope I get to see it in person:)

Serena said...

What a great combination of colors. You are so crafty...I know Erika will love it.

Lady Blogger said...

Thank you! :)

Anna said...

Wow!! That blanket is gorgeous!! I know my sister will appreciate it so much!! Thanks for keeping my nephew/godson warm!!

Lady Blogger said...

You're going to be a God Mother too! How special! I hope it will keep his new toes warm on chilly fall nights.