Monday, September 8, 2008

Fall Decorating

Welcome Fall!
I just love the fall months. The weather gets cooler, apples are in season (mmm.... apple crisp!), it's time for my birthday, and there are fairs galore. Another reason I love fall are the colors associated with the season.

This past weekend I decorated my kitchen table with a fall table runner (courtesy of Mom, of course!) and fall themed flower basket.
A Yankee candle votive, lamp shade, and plate in my living room.....
Also in my living room near the front door is our heirloom desk (once belonging to Pete's grandfather) with my little scarecrow and Yankee candle tart holder.
This fall themed pillow matches so nicely!
Mums! Fall decorating would not be complete without one or two of fall's favorite flowers!
Fall

Breathing slowly
Dropping leaves
Making its way toward year end.

Quiet breezes,
Falling leaves
    Swirling,
        Floating,
            Turning
Brown,
Yellow,
Orange,
Red.

Apple pies cooling
Fairs
And wood burning.

Fall is in the air!
 

5 comments:

Serena said...

great decorations. Is that your own poem? Very nice!

Lady Blogger said...

Why yes, that is my own poem. It was very spur of the moment. Thanks! :)

Anna said...

Love the poem!!

I think your house looks so cozy and warm. You're very good at decorating!

Miss you lots! ((((((HUGS))))))

Lady Blogger said...

Thanks Anna! I miss you too!! :)

ROXY said...

Everything looks so purdy:) I've only put out a few of my fall decorations. I'm slacking(