Monday, October 6, 2008

Hooded Baby Blanket



Another project completed! I crocheted this hooded baby blanket for one of my teacher friends who is due in December. It was made from one ball of Lion Brand Pound of Love (White).  The edging is Bernat Worsted in Soft Yellow.

The stitch pattern was very easy but creates the look of a popcorn stitch. The hood was made by increasing the double crochet stitch row by row. The hood was sewn onto one of the corners of the blanket.

The pictures aren't the greatest; there's something to be said about taking pictures in natural light vs. incandescent light. :)

My next project (which I started last night) is a sweater, complete with pockets and buttons, as a Christmas present for someone in my family. I am using Caron Simply Soft Tweed in Off White and a "J" hook for that project.

8 comments:

Anna said...

What a gorgeous blanket! You are so talented! I'd love for you to teach me to crochet some day!

Sorry it's taken me so long to comment on your blog. I'm making the switch from bloglines to google reader since bloglines doesn't update accurately. I'm also sick, exhausted, and playing catch up with my blog. :(

I sent you an email about my new nephew! Now that he's arrived, I'll be planning a trip home probably next month, but I'm not sure. I'll keep you posted, though. Love ya!

Lady Blogger said...

I'm looking forward to your visit! :)

Thanks for the e-mail~I got it about an hour ago. What fabulous news!! :)

Anna said...

I talked to my sis a couple of hours ago. He's still in the NICU but he's doing better. He might be out of there tonight, but they're not sure. She's likely going home tomorrow, Sunday the latest, but they're still not sure if he'll be going home, too. She's in better spirits today. I know she's been bummed because she can't be with him and she only held him for a few minutes after he was born. I'll keep you updated.

Lady Blogger said...

Yes, please do! You know I care about you all very much! Have a wonderful weekend~ :)

ROXY said...

Love the blanket!!! Was this from a pattern. I love that stitch! See ya tomorrow:)

Lady Blogger said...

Thanks for your help today Roxy! :)

The pattern is from the Pound of Love label. It was rather easy and worked up quickly.

Anonymous said...

Ah, that is so sweet. I need to take up crocheting!

Lady Blogger said...

Crocheting is a wonderful way to relax, especially after a long day of teaching! :)