Monday, October 20, 2008

Another Weekend in the Woods

Weekend after weekend after weekend in the fall is spent at my parents' house cutting and splitting wood.  Last Saturday (Oct. 11th) our friends Roxy and Dave joined us during one of our wood cutting "adventures." Roxy has since posted about that day and, since she's already done the work, why post twice? Click HERE to read (and see!) all about it!  (There's also a rather funny video involving my brother, a chain saw, and a really bad location ~ check it out!)

7 comments:

Serena said...

o boy I will have to check this out!

Serena said...

Lady Blogger you may need to keep that brother in check...maybe he shouldn't be allowed near a chainsaw for a while. LOL

Lady Blogger said...

Yeah, I know. Wasn't that funny?!

ROXY said...

haha....I just laugh and laugh when I watch that video! The food at the reception was good....but the desserts were better:)

ROXY said...

Hey Seradee:) Dave and proposed to his mom that we should forgo gifts this year....even kids! She loved the idea! Also, Dave and I have decided to skip gifts this year in exchange for something nice that we just do with each other:) So xmas this year for us should be relatively inexpensive seeing as though my fam is quite small. We couldn't be happier!

ROXY said...

What are some gifts you are giving?? I think I know of one for Mrs. H already.

Lady Blogger said...

We're also going to buy Mom H. a new winter jacket. I've already picked one out from LL Bean. Adam and I are going to go halves on an ice cream maker for my mom. My mom loves Yankee Candle and new calendars for her sewing rooms also. I'm going to pick up a few trinkets here and there for Pete. My father wants Jeep stuff and Phil is getting the blanket. Every year I make a "Poverty Pack" for my brother; it includes (but is not limited to) toilet paper, canned goods, cat food, laundry detergent, soap, toothpaste, boxes of pasta and jars of sauce, taco kits, etc. He LOVES it!