Thursday, July 31, 2008

Out and About

While reading the Hartford Courant this morning, I noticed two full page ads for Macy's.  Normally, I just flip the page without a second look but today my eyes stopped for a second.  Pete is in desperate need of new dress shirts and ties for work as well as a suit for that fancy wedding we're going to this October.  The ad claimed that the whole store is on sale today (yeah, right).  I did notice however that dress shirts and ties are discounted to a whopping total of $12.79.  You can't beat that!  Even Kohl's on sale doesn't come close.  So, needless to say, we're heading over there shortly.  Of course we'll be stopping by the Apple Store (Pete wouldn't have it any other way!).  While at Macy's, I'm going to keep an eye out for a fancy tank that will match my shawl and the skirt I am making.  Perhaps too we can go over to Windsor to the L.L. Bean store.  I saw a very cute and comfy looking pair of shoes in the catalog.  I'm leery about buying shoes from a catalog or on-line; I've got to try them on first.  We'll see if we make it over there......

6 comments:

Serena said...

Wow, Macy's having a good sale for once...that's a first.

Just an FYI, advertisements is abbreviated as "ads," not "adds" as you have written.

ROXY said...

Hey Lady Blogger!! Let me know how you make out at the mall today. I hope you are able to find a blouse for the wedding:)

Lady Blogger said...

Ooops. Thanks Serena. I'll fix it! :)

We did get some good sales at Macy's but you really have to watch them -- the screen on the register is faced away from the customer. I stood where I could see it. Of course, one of the shirts rang up for triple the price. I'm glad I caught it!

ROXY said...

I hate when you can't see the items ring up. That's how it is at Lowe's at it seems something always rings up incorrectly!!

Lady Blogger said...

Oh, I found a blouse I liked alright. We went into Lord & Taylor just as we were leaving. There is was just for a paltry $198. Needless to say, I didn't buy it!

Anna said...

Serena...always the spelling/grammar cop, I see. ;) (Don't worry Lady Blogger, she does it to me, too! LOL)