Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rough Day

I got a call last night about one of my student's 3-year old brother who got run over with a lawn mower. His foot got caught and was distributed all over the lawn. The family dog got a hold of some of the pieces and my student (his sister) saw the dog with a piece before the ambulance arrived. It was an emotional night and morning. She's doing okay though. Read the story HERE

At lunch, I found out I'm getting ANOTHER student. That makes 25! I'm going to check over my contract later on to see what the wording is because 25 is my cap. We'll see!

4 comments:

Serena said...

that poor girl and her brother. so sad...i wonder if they will be able to repair his foot. ugh...that story made me cringe.

good luck with all those students.

Lady Blogger said...

No, I don't think they will be repairing it. They amputated it somewhere below the knee last night. I feel so bad for the family.

Anna said...

That's so awful!! I don't even know what to say. :(

Lady Blogger said...

I know. I felt terrible when the aunt called me the other night. We're making paper cranes (Origami) to send to him at the hospital. We're hoping to make 1,000 by next week.